Musings from a Ragamuffin

"Christianity is not a series of truths in the plural, but rather a truth spelled with a capital 'T'. Truth about total reality, not just about religious things. Biblical Christianity is Truth concerning total reality - and the intellectual hold of that Total Truth and then living in the light of that Truth." - Francis Schaeffer

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peoria, Arizona, United States

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Scary Movies

So Halloween is the time for scary movies. Do you watch them? If so, then what are your 5 favorite scary movies of all-time? I know different people rate what is and isn't scary based on all kinds of different criteria. I have one simple little standard - does the movie give me nightmares? If it does, then I say that the movie has accomplished what it set out to do - scare me.

Here are my top 6 (and yes, they give me nightmares):
  1. Session 9 (2001)
  2. Manhunter (1986)
  3. The Shining (1980)
  4. Psycho (1960)
  5. The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
  6. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Shawn

2 Comments:

Blogger astraughnomer said...

Scariest movie ever for me: Event Horizon. have you seen it? if not, don't let the cheesy science-fiction-sounding title ward you off. i think matt will agree that this is one of the creepiest movies we've ever seen...

Thursday, October 26, 2006 8:39:00 PM  
Blogger Shawn White said...

We haven't seen that one - although we have had it on our "to watch list" for some time now. We'll have to request it from NetFlix at some point.

Shawn

Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home