Musings from a Ragamuffin

"Christianity is not a series of truths in the plural, but rather a truth spelled with a capital 'T'. Truth about total reality, not just about religious things. Biblical Christianity is Truth concerning total reality - and the intellectual hold of that Total Truth and then living in the light of that Truth." - Francis Schaeffer

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peoria, Arizona, United States

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

And The Two Shall Become One

Hmmm, I wasn't expecting, nor planning this, but it seems that when I rolled over this blog from the "old" version to the "new" version - it combined it with The Trousered Ape (my other blog). Therefore, I cannot maintain both Ragamuffin or The Trousered Ape simultaneously (ah, the Law of Non-Contradiction at its finest!). So what does this mean? I will still keep this blog but now all my posting will be under the moniker The Trousered Ape since that is the blog that I will wish to focus on more intently.

Updates: We have recovered as well as to be expected from all the drama of the break-in. We are still attempting to gather proof of the items that we claimed on our insurance so as to turn that all in, but that is taking time.

Christmas: It was wonderful - I very much enjoyed it and I hope you all had a great and blessed Christmas as well.

Packers: Beat the Vikings (yay - sorry David - lol) and at 7-8 are still in the playoff hunt (that's really, really sad - but I'll take it if we can get it). Unfortunately they play on the road against the Bears - doesn't look to good. To make they playoffs the Giants must lose their game and the Packersmust beat the Bears - it's a long shot. Good thing God is a Packers fan, eh? I mean, why else would they have a "G" on the side of their helmet? GO PACK, GO!!!

School: Yes, I have enrolled Grand Canyon University and I will begin my first of two classes this upcoming Spring semester on Jan. 8th. Both classes will be taken online. Both classes are eight weeks long, taken concurrently, with a one-week break in between them. The first class I'll be taking is Introduction to Philosophy (PHIL101) and the second class is Christian Apologetics (PHIL351). Woot! I'm excited.

New Job: It's going really well. It is located in the Biltmore district, so it is a nice area of town. Having fun with it - let us hope it continues to do so.

Old Job: Still owes me about 3 weeks of back pay.

Life in general: OH MY GOODNESS... After almost 3 years (34 months to be precise) since we embarked on the Dave Ramsey Total Money Makeover, Davina and I have achieved a major goal. We are now, officially, debt free except for the house. It's a huge relief and we are very excited about it! It was a simple plan, but it was not easy to execute all the time. However, I am extremely glad that we stuck to it and sacrificed over the last few years because so far it has been well worth the effort. Now the next steps are increasing our giving, building up the emergency fund until it is fully funded, investing for retirement, and paying off the house early. Cheers!

Shawn

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait a second, I don't understand this switching of the blogs. Are you stopping posting on this blog and doing just the other one?

Friday, December 29, 2006 10:35:00 PM  
Blogger Shawn White said...

no - i will still post on this blog - but hopefully it will not be as often and it will definitely be more of a non-serious nature.

shawn

Friday, December 29, 2006 10:51:00 PM  
Blogger DEBTective said...

Bub, I'm big-time proud of you for working to deep-six your debt, Dave Ramsey-style! Dave's plan makes tons of sense, doesn't it? Way to go on the dough, baby! www.debtective.com

Thursday, January 04, 2007 2:10:00 PM  
Blogger Shawn White said...

no doubt about that - it definitely is a great feeling! dave ramsey has some good ideas and, if you are willing to be patient and work through it, they really work!

shawn

Thursday, January 04, 2007 2:23:00 PM  
Blogger D.L. White said...

Go Pack Go!

And all I have to say about being debt-free is...

FREEDOM!!!

Friday, January 05, 2007 2:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home