Musings from a Ragamuffin

"Christianity is not a series of truths in the plural, but rather a truth spelled with a capital 'T'. Truth about total reality, not just about religious things. Biblical Christianity is Truth concerning total reality - and the intellectual hold of that Total Truth and then living in the light of that Truth." - Francis Schaeffer

My Photo
Name:
Location: Peoria, Arizona, United States

Thursday, October 26, 2006

The Hobbit

I'm not sure about you, but I loved the Lord of the Rings trilogy directed by Peter Jackson. So I'm very excited to read this news: that Jackson is in talks to bring The Hobbit from novel to celluloid. He is definitely the best person for the job, in my opinion. After the terrific work that he did on the other movies, nobody else should be allowed to film this one other than him. I really hope that they do this - I would be a great addition to the story.

Shawn

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

My first exposure to Tolkien was the 1977 TV cartoon version of The Hobbit when I was 9. I liked that movie a lot, but it was a turning point in the life of my brother and he became such a LOTR fan that he decorated his home in gothic/middle earth style. I think he's a little irked that it has become such a trendy thing.

Thursday, October 26, 2006 11:17:00 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth C. said...

I read The Hobbit when I was in high school and did enjoy it. It's the only Tolkien book I read though. I did see the LOTR movies. I liked them, but they didn't quite reach the level of Harry Potter in my humble opinion. ; ) (I know I'm in the minority on that one!)

I'm glad Peter Jackson is considering doing this. He did a great job with the trilogy!

Laura: My brother loves the gothic/middle earth thing too. It cracks me up when they get irked that it's trendy now!

Friday, October 27, 2006 8:07:00 AM  
Blogger Shawn White said...

I remember the animated movie which I thought was good. I don't think I've ever read any of the Tolkien books - which in a way is really sad because I like the whole fantasy genre - especially as a teen and in the military. I still am, but not as much as I used to be. I own all those books, just never took the time to read them.

According to G.K. Chesterton, gargoyles are Christian because the scriptures do say that the stones will cry out and worship God. :)

Shawn

Friday, October 27, 2006 8:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home